Capture on win: File

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
Karnivore

Capture on win: File

Post by Karnivore »

I noted that it is possible to use convert with the X11 interface as an input. Is the same true for Windows using the win: input, if so, how is it done and what options are supported (I.E. x:'root' = win:'name' ?)
magick
Site Admin

Re: Capture on win: File

Post by magick »

ImageMagick does not permit native Window screen captures, it only captures a screen under Windows if you are running an X11 server.
Karnivore

Post by Karnivore »

magick wrote:ImageMagick does not permit native Window screen captures ...
Would it be difficult to implement?
ex: win:active, win:root/desktop, win:<window name>

Standard GDI bitmap capture should be relatively easy to implement. I could code this, but I think including it with this already robust package would be time better spent.

Any takers?
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

ImageMagick is open source and we accept patches from the user community. The best path forward would be to code up a solution as best you can and post the patch here. We will then put your patch in the ImageMagick source distribution for all to use.