ImageMagick colorspace vs Photoshop colorspace

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
stroker

ImageMagick colorspace vs Photoshop colorspace

Post by stroker »

I'm using "identify -format %r filename" to get the image colorspace, for rgb and grayscale I get: DirectClassRGB, PseudoClassRGB, DirectClassGray, and PseudoClassGray.

The problem is that some rgb images gets identified as gray, in Photoshop if i lookup "Image" -> "Mode", the same image gets identified as rgb. (RGB color)

I think that has to do with ImageMagick beeing "smarter" looking up pixel for pixel. Is there any way of identifying these images as RGB the same way Photoshop does? I want to do some profile conversion and I need to lookup images that Photoshop identifies as rgb color mode.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: ImageMagick colorspace vs Photoshop colorspace

Post by fmw42 »

see the relatively new options for string formats, e.g %[colorspace]

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/escape.php
stroker

Post by stroker »

That does not solve my problem. I want to find a way to identify colorspace the same way that Photoshop does. It seems that the only difference between "-format %r" and "%[colorspace]" is the removal of prefix DirectClass or PseudoClass.

One interesting part is that I have tried an older version, 6.2.2 and "-format %r" identifies exactly the same way as Photshop, and i goes really fast. If I add %z to the command it somehow trigger a deep traversal through the image and I get the same results as the newest version.

Can I with the newest version get the same results as 6.2.2 some way?
fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

That is beyond me. You need for magick to answer again.
fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

Try posting to the Bugs or Developers forum.