Montage, align images bottom

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
tnek

Montage, align images bottom

Post by tnek »

Code: Select all

montage 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg -shadow -geometry '+1+1' -background Khaki -tile 3x montage.jpg 
Gives me a montage where the images are centered vertically:

I would like to align them at the bottom of their rows. Is that possible? And if so, how is it done?

Best regards,
Kent
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Montage, align images bottom

Post by fmw42 »

tnek wrote:

Code: Select all

montage 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg -shadow -geometry '+1+1' -background Khaki -tile 3x montage.jpg 
Gives me a montage where the images are centered vertically:

I would like to align them at the bottom of their rows. Is that possible? And if so, how is it done?

Best regards,
Kent
I don't know if this will work, but try adding -gravity south before or after -geometry. If that does not work, then you may have to use multiple appends or convert -composite.

see ww.imagemagick.org/Usage/montage/ for many examples of montage and append
tnek

Post by tnek »

-gravity south

did it! (It worked both before and efter -geometry.)

Thank you!

I've already read the link though and I couldn't find anything about aligning them at the bottom. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss it as I studied the page for quite a while, but it's possible.
fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

tnek wrote:-gravity south

did it! (It worked both before and efter -geometry.)

Thank you!

I've already read the link though and I couldn't find anything about aligning them at the bottom. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss it as I studied the page for quite a while, but it's possible.

I did not see it either, but thought it was worth a try.
tnek

Post by tnek »

If it was a Wiki page I would have contributed this as I think quite a few people will find it useful, but it isn't. Anyway, my problem is solved and hopefully people can find this thread through a search engine if they stumble over the same problem.

Thanks again fmw42! :-)
fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

tnek wrote:If it was a Wiki page I would have contributed this as I think quite a few people will find it useful, but it isn't. Anyway, my problem is solved and hopefully people can find this thread through a search engine if they stumble over the same problem.

Thanks again fmw42! :-)

I sent a message to Anthony and he has updated the montage page documentation to show the -gravity option. If not available now, it likely will be in the next release.