How to get rid of -dUseCIEColor

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
ronaldploeger
Authentication code: 8675308

How to get rid of -dUseCIEColor

Post by ronaldploeger »

Hi,

when I convert a CMYK-PDF into a JPEG (convert -density 300 lala.pdf lala.jpg) the following deletate is used:

Code: Select all

<delegate decode="ps:color" restrain="True" command=""@PSDelegate@" -q -dQUIET -dPARANOIDSAFER -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -dNOPROMPT -dMaxBitmap=500000000 -dEPSCrop -dAlignToPixels=0 -dGridFitTT=0 "-sDEVICE=pnmraw" -dTextAlphaBits=%u -dGraphicsAlphaBits=%u "-g%s" "-r%s" %s "-sOutputFile=%s" "-f%s" "-f%s""/>

This produces the following command:

Code: Select all

convert: `%s': %s "gswin32c.exe" -q -dQUIET -dPARANOIDSAFER -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -dNOPROMPT -dMaxBitmap=500000000 -dEPSCrop -dAlignToPixels=0 -dGridFitTT=0 "-sDEVICE=bmpsep8" -dTextAlphaBits=4 -dGraphicsAlphaBits=4 "-g2008x2833" "-r300x300" -dUseCIEColor  "-sOutputFile=C:/Users/ploe09/AppData/Local/Temp/magick-YKZ1z80s" "-fC:/Users/ploe09/AppData/Local/Temp/magick-KjYBln0Z" "-fC:/Users/ploe09/AppData/Local/Temp/magick-Kd6bYGGj".
I want to get rid of the -dUseCIEColor option. I tried to remove the appropriate

%s

from the command-attribute of the delegate. But this does not work.

Any help is appreciated. Best,
Ronald
ronaldploeger

Re: How to get rid of -dUseCIEColor

Post by ronaldploeger »

Hi,

other people seem to have the same trouble as I:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13755

There seems to be a workaround: "adding -dNOCIE to the command string", which I found here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14060

Best,
Ronald
ronaldploeger

Re: How to get rid of -dUseCIEColor

Post by ronaldploeger »

Hi,

I case somebody is interested: Adding -dNOCIE did not do me any good.

But I found a way to get rid of -dUseCIEColor:

I changed the delegate from
  • ... "-r%s" %s "-sOutputFile=%s" ...
  • to
  • ... "-r%s" -doNotApply%s "-sOutputFile=%s" ...
Now the parameter is named -doNotApply-dUseCIEColor which is not recognised by Ghostscript and therefore ignored.

Best,
Ronald