Converting JPG to DCM files

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
superot
Authentication code: 8675308

Converting JPG to DCM files

Post by superot »

Hi there,
I try to convert a JPG file to a DCM (DICOM) file.

The command I give:
convert Pic2.JPG Pic2.DCM
The reply I'm getting:
convert:exe: no encode delegate for this image formar 'Pic2.DCM' @ error/constitute.c/WriteImage/1195.

I would like to add that:
1. I DO get a file called "Pic2.DCM", but can't open it with the Xeleris (our DICOM files reader).
2. I did the dame with some tiff files and got the same result.

I use ImageMagic 6.7.5-7 Q16, under Win Xp Pro. I run the commands under command window (cmd).

Thank you very much!
The best fight is the one you avoid.
jespa

Re: Converting JPG to DCM files

Post by jespa »

Hi,

Current version of ImageMagick can only read DICOM file format, not write it.

See http://www.imagemagick.org/script/formats.php
superot

Re: Converting JPG to DCM files

Post by superot »

Thank you, Jespa, for your answer and the link. For some reason, I was sure that ImageMagic can also create DCM files.

Anyway, I've found a solution to the problem: Apparently, on the Xeleris3 (the work station I use), there is an option to add JPG files to the patient's case.

Note to developers: the JPG files I used were converted from TIFF files. When I opened (with the Xeleris) the files I've converted with ImageMagic, I got a very poor imaging - there was some problem with the colors. But there was no such problem with the files I've converted with Windows Paint.
The best fight is the one you avoid.