Need Help Installing WebP Delegate on Windows

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
lozandier
Authentication code: 6789

Need Help Installing WebP Delegate on Windows

Post by lozandier »

I'm having a hard time being able to install the delegate libwebp on Windows to be able to convert images to WebP via convert like the following code snippet:

Code: Select all

convert wizard: wizard.webp

I upgraded to the latest version of ImageMagick 6.8.6-7 and sort of surprised it's not a dependency automatically added for all Platforms given its importance w/ RWD. Was hoping to have it available to test locally having WebP conversions with images I upload to a Rails 4 app I'm developing on Windows.
magick
Site Admin

Re: Need Help Installing WebP Delegate on Windows

Post by magick »

Webp support for Windows will be available in Subversion and the binary distributions within a few days. Webp support is already available under Linux / Unix.
lozandier
Authentication code: 6789

Re: Need Help Installing WebP Delegate on Windows

Post by lozandier »

Understood; Had no issues using WebP on Linux/ Unix and was sort of confused if I was not properly considering all the options on making it work on Windows. Thanks for the update.