Need to Compare two TIFF files

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
anoj751
Authentication code: 6789

Need to Compare two TIFF files

Post by anoj751 »

I have a lot of Tiff files for compare generation and validation. I need to check all the texts and fields in the Tiff copy. May I use Imagemagick tool for my purpose(compare).Will it fulfill my requirement? If yes, then please suggest the version of the tool.

Thanks in advance.
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Need to Compare two TIFF files

Post by snibgo »

You might provide some examples of what you are trying to do.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Need to Compare two TIFF files

Post by fmw42 »

I do not believe that IM will do that directly.

The compare function just check pixel data.

You could use identify -verbose image.tiff on each file to get a listing of all the meta data and extract what fields you want. Then compare them with other tools that would verify that those fields are the same. You can write a script to do all that.

You might look into EXIFTOOL. Perhaps it has some way to compare two image's text data and other meta data.

As user snibgo mentioned, you might provide some examples, so we can see exactly what you want. My comments above may not be relevant if we understand your question better.

Also see http://www.imagemagick.org/script/escape.php

You can extract just the EXIF data with

convert image.tiff -format "%[EXIF:*]" info: