I am trying to do something that no one else in the world ap

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
kevinleesmith
Authentication code: 6789

I am trying to do something that no one else in the world ap

Post by kevinleesmith »

Hi Wizards!

I am weird!

I am trying to do something that no one else in the world appears to be trying to do!

Alternatively it could just be that I am ignorant ;-)

Either way, I have a problem that your software may be able to help me with so this is the reason for writing, to pose my problem and for you to tell me if your software can do the trick.

I have a collection of images. Different images that are unconnected.
I want to be able to print them all over a ball.
I don't mind manually knocking one up by printing an image using gores, cutting it out and sticking it on.
So, the problem is, how to create the image that I need to print.
From a software pov, the input is a number of images (approx 160 - e.g. http://www.pragmaticea.com/peaf-models-m.asp) that need to be spaced out and projected onto a 2D sphere adn then that "3D model" to be converted into a flat image that can then be converted into a gore print that I can then print!

Can you help in anyway or point me in the right direction!!????
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: I am trying to do something that no one else in the worl

Post by fmw42 »

You can project an image onto a hemisphere using my script, spherize, at the link below, if you are on Linux or MacOSX or Windows/with Cygwin.