ImageMagick configure with custom tmp path

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
gabw
Authentication code: 6789

ImageMagick configure with custom tmp path

Post by gabw »

Hey there - I just wanted to install the newest IM with some libs so this was my command:

Code: Select all

./configure --with-jpeg=yes --with-png=yes --with-tiff=yes --with-lcms=yes
But I'm on a shared host and I'm not able to use the default /tmp/ dir. "my" temp. dir. path looks more like this: /usr/home/<username>/.tmp/

Adding Environment vars like these one didn't change the effect.

MAGICK_TMPDIR=/usr/home/gesgpd/.tmp
MAGICK_TEMPORARY_PATH=/usr/home/gesgpd/.tmp
So is there a way to change this "default" tmp path? - I just take a look on the configure script but's a lil bit above my bash script skills ;)

Complete command log:

$ ./configure --with-jpeg=yes --with-png=yes --with-tiff=yes --with-lcms=yes
./configure: line 3144: cannot create temp file for here-document: Disk quota exceeded
./configure: line 3156: cannot create temp file for here-document: Disk quota exceeded
./configure: line 3191: cannot create temp file for here-document: Disk quota exceeded
./configure: line 3353: cannot create temp file for here-document: Disk quota exceeded
./configure: line 3357: cannot create temp file for here-document: Disk quota exceeded
./configure: line 3361: cannot create temp file for here-document: Disk quota exceeded
./configure: line 3365: cannot create temp file for here-document: Disk quota exceeded
./configure: line 3369: cannot create temp file for here-document: Disk quota exceeded
./configure: line 3373: cannot create temp file for here-document: Disk quota exceeded
checking build system type... mkdir: cannot create directory `/tmp/cg11869-13425': Disk quota exceeded
mkdir: cannot create directory `/tmp/cg-11869': Disk quota exceeded
config.guess: cannot create a temporary directory in /tmp
configure: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one
Thanks!
glennrp

Re: ImageMagick configure with custom tmp path

Post by glennrp »

You were on the right track with MAGICK_TMPDIR, however that only controls where the ImageMagick utilities will put temporary files. In general, use the environment variable TMPDIR. "configure" should use that.
gabw
Authentication code: 6789

Re: ImageMagick configure with custom tmp path

Post by gabw »

Thanks. It worked!