ImageMagick-6.9.1-1: Failed tests (gmake check) on Solaris 11.1

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
vijayasri
Authentication code: 6789

ImageMagick-6.9.1-1: Failed tests (gmake check) on Solaris 11.1

Post by vijayasri »

I’ve been tring to build ImageMagick-6.9.1-1 from its source with GCC compiler on Solaris 11.1.

Here’s the configure script output –
$ ./configure '--prefix=/home/im_build/ImageMagick-6.9.1-1/install' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/home/im_build/ImageMagick-6.9.1-1/install/include' 'LDFLAGS=-L/home/im_build/ImageMagick-6.9.1-1/install/lib' 'LIBS=-ltiff -lfreetype -ljpeg -lxml2 -lbz2 -lz -lopenjp2'

==============================================================================
ImageMagick is configured as follows. Please verify that this configuration
matches your expectations.

Host system type: sparc-sun-solaris2.11
Build system type: sparc-sun-solaris2.11

Option Value
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shared libraries --enable-shared=yes yes
Static libraries --enable-static=yes yes
Module support --with-modules=no no
GNU ld --with-gnu-ld=no no
Quantum depth --with-quantum-depth=16 16
High Dynamic Range Imagery
--enable-hdri=no no

Install documentation: yes

Delegate Library Configuration:
BZLIB --with-bzlib=yes yes
Autotrace --with-autotrace=no no
DJVU --with-djvu=yes no
DPS --with-dps=yes no
FFTW --with-fftw=yes yes
FlashPIX --with-fpx=yes no
FontConfig --with-fontconfig=yes yes
FreeType --with-freetype=yes yes
Ghostscript lib --with-gslib=no no
Graphviz --with-gvc=no
JBIG --with-jbig=yes no
JPEG v1 --with-jpeg=yes yes
JPEG-2000 --with-jp2=
LCMS v1 --with-lcms=no no
LCMS v2 --with-lcms2=yes yes
LQR --with-lqr=yes no
LTDL --with-ltdl=yes no
LZMA --with-lzma=yes yes
Magick++ --with-magick-plus-plus=yes yes
OpenEXR --with-openexr=yes no
OpenJP2 --with-openjp2=yes yes
PANGO --with-pango=yes yes
PERL --with-perl=no no
PNG --with-png=yes yes
RSVG --with-rsvg=no no
TIFF --with-tiff=yes yes
WEBP --with-webp=yes no
WMF --with-wmf=no no
X11 --with-x= yes
XML --with-xml=yes yes
ZLIB --with-zlib=yes yes

Delegate Program Configuration:
GhostPCL None pcl6 (unknown)
GhostXPS None gxps (unknown)
Ghostscript None gs (9.16)

Font Configuration:
Apple fonts --with-apple-font-dir=default none
Dejavu fonts --with-dejavu-font-dir=default none
Ghostscript fonts --with-gs-font-dir=default /usr/share/ghostscript/fontsx/
Windows fonts --with-windows-font-dir=default none

X11 Configuration:
X_CFLAGS =
X_PRE_LIBS = -lSM -lICE
X_LIBS =
X_EXTRA_LIBS =

Options used to compile and link:
PREFIX = /export/home/csbuild/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-6.9.1-1/install
EXEC-PREFIX = /export/home/csbuild/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-6.9.1-1/install
VERSION = 6.9.1
CC = gcc -std=gnu99 -std=gnu99
CFLAGS = -I/include/openjpeg-2.1 -I/export/home/csbuild/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-6.9.1-1/install/include/freetype2 -fopenmp -g -O2 -Wall -fexceptions -D_REENTRANT -pthreads -DMAGICKCORE_HDRI_ENABLE=0 -DMAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH=16
CPPFLAGS = -D_REENTRANT -D_PTHREADS -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -I/export/home/csbuild/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-6.9.1-1/install/include/freetype2 -I/export/home/csbuild/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-6.9.1-1/install/include -I/export/home/csbuild/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-6.9.1-1/install/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/export/home/csbuild/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-6.9.1-1/install/include -I/export/home/csbuild/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-6.9.1-1/install/include/freetype2 -I/export/home/csbuild/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-6.9.1-1/install/include/libxml2 -I/export/home/csbuild/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-6.9.1-1/install/include -DMAGICKCORE_HDRI_ENABLE=0 -DMAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH=16 -I/export/home/csbuild/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-6.9.1-1/install/include/libxml2
PCFLAGS =
DEFS = -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
LDFLAGS = -Wl,-zlazyload -L/export/home/csbuild/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-6.9.1-1/install/lib -L/export/home/csbuild/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-6.9.1-1/install/lib
LIBS = -ltiff -lfreetype -ljpeg -lxml2 -lbz2 -lz -lopenjp2
CXX = g++
CXXFLAGS = -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -pthreads
FEATURES = DPC OpenMP
DELEGATES = bzlib mpeg fftw fontconfig freetype jng jpeg lcms lzma openjp2 pango png ps tiff x xml zlib
==============================================================================

The compilation (gmake) completed fine without errors. However, while running tests using the installed ImageMagick (gmake check), the following 3 tests are failing. Rest all pass.
FAIL: tests/validate-formats-disk.tap 1
FAIL: tests/validate-formats-map.tap 1
FAIL: tests/validate-formats-memory.tap 1

All 3 logs are filled with errors as specified below and to me they seem to be related to OpenJP2 delegate.

--- validate-formats-disk.log----
validate: unable to decode image file `/var/tmp/magick-27235K9ei9pOHaym1' @ error/jp2.c/ReadJP2Image/349.
validate: Invalid values for comp = 0 : dx=0 dy=0
(should be between 1 and 255 according the JPEG2000 norm) `OpenJP2' @ error/jp2.c/JP2ErrorHandler/193.

validate: unable to decode image file `/var/tmp/magick-27235K9ei9pOHaym1' @ error/jp2.c/ReadJP2Image/349.
validate: invalid box size 4 (4)
`OpenJP2' @ error/jp2.c/JP2ErrorHandler/193.

--- validate-formats-map.log----
test 234: JP2/Undefined/TrueColor/8-bits... fail @ tests/validate.c/ValidateImageFormatsInMemory/1457.
test 235: JP2/Undefined/TrueColorAlpha/8-bits... fail @ tests/validate.c/ValidateImageFormatsInMemory/1457.
test 236: JP2/Undefined/Grayscale/8-bits... fail @ tests/validate.c/ValidateImageFormatsInMemory/1457.
test 237: JP2/Undefined/GrayscaleAlpha/8-bits... fail @ tests/validate.c/ValidateImageFormatsInMemory/1457.

Can you guide me understand and resolve these errors? Or Is it OK if I choose to ignore these failures and continue with the current ImageMagick build? Are the failures specific to decoding JP2 image files?

Also note that I've been able to do a successful build and install on redHat Linux from the same source.

Thanks,
Vijayasri
xomero
Authentication code: 1151

Re: ImageMagick-6.9.1-1: Failed tests (gmake check) on Solaris 11.1

Post by xomero »

Did you find solution to this issue?