Removing CIPHER Functionality

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
SanjayJadhav
Authentication code: 6789

Removing CIPHER Functionality

Post by SanjayJadhav »

Hi Guys,

I had performed below to experiments for one of my requirement in my project.

Experiment1:
I want to remove the CIPHER functionality from the ImageMagick binary. For this I have downloaded the code base and compiled it.
I had configured the code by using "Undefine MAGICKCORE_CIPHER_SUPPORT" in the config.h_vms and magick-baseconfig.h file and then compiled the code to generate the EXE.

The generated EXE is used to generate the preview and thumbnail of the Image files. This is working fine for all the Image files, but for some tiff file it is failing to generate the preview and thumbnail.
When the MAGICKCORE_CIPHER_SUPPORT variable is again defined by using "define MAGICKCORE_CIPHER_SUPPORT" command in the config.h_vms and magick-baseconfig.h file and exe is generated , tiff files also works on this exe.

Does it mean that this tiff files contains the encryption and hence it requires the CIPHER_SUPPORT in the EXE to work?
Can I conclude from the above steps that by just Undefine MAGICKCORE_CIPHER_SUPPORT CIPHER functionality is completely removed from the EXE.

Experiment2:

During compilation of the code I had also removed the OPENMP support from the exe.
When this support is removed the time taken to generated the preview and tumbnail is 38mins for the above tiff files.
But when OPENMP is enabled it takes around 53 mins to to generated the preview and tumbnail is 28 mins for the above tiff files.
Note in both the cases MAGICKCORE_CIPHER_SUPPOR was Enabled.

Does it mean that when OPENMP is enabled it takes more time to generate the preview and thumbnail?
below are my results for the tiff file which I had used for experiment.

CIPHER DEFINED OPENMP Enabled Preview / Thumbnail generated Time taken for Preview and Thumbnail

YES NO YES 38 mins
YES YES YES 53 mins
NO YES NO Not applicable
NO NO NO Not applicable