Create a geoTiff file from a stream

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
lavoyech
Authentication code: 1151

Create a geoTiff file from a stream

Post by lavoyech »

My question is quite general.
I Wonder if it's possible to create a geoTiff file from a stream input with ImageMagick utilities.
The geoTiff file would be referencing using Tiepoints calculated from metadata. Not just saving a stream or an image with ".tiff" extension.
By now i'm using LibTiff utilities to convert System.Drawing.Bitmap to a 24 or 32-bit color TIFF.
As i have to use ImageMagick to manage jp2 format i wonder if this library could do everything.
I'm working in C# .NET environment.

Best regards.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Create a geoTiff file from a stream

Post by fmw42 »

I do not believe that IM can write geoTIFF tags, but I will defer to the IM developers to correct my statement, if I am wrong.
lavoyech
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Create a geoTiff file from a stream

Post by lavoyech »

Thanks,

I ask this general question because i have a problem to use ImageMagick to write in outputstream in jp2 format, from a geoTiff file.

this is the post in the developper part viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29813

the jp2 i get in the browser is white so i waas thinking that it could be due to the load of the geoTiff.

Maybe you will have an idea.