Remove lines from window

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
Chiitus
Authentication code: 1151

Remove lines from window

Post by Chiitus »

Hello guys, iam new at ImageMagick and i want to remove lines from this image (that is a window capture from application in Windows).
My goal at all is to extract the text from the image because i wanna OCR the image.
With all this lines making boxes the OCR doesnt recognize the all image.
I tried "textcleaner" with some variants but the result wasnt satisfatory, maybe because im not doing it right.
Anyway, i need some help here.
Thanks adv.

PNG IMAGE: Image
Obs: Blanks are deletions made by me.
GeeMack

Re: Remove lines from window

Post by GeeMack »

Chiitus wrote: 2017-03-20T07:38:35-07:00Hello guys, iam new at ImageMagick and i want to remove lines from this image (that is a window capture from application in Windows).
My goal at all is to extract the text from the image because i wanna OCR the image.
If the window borders are the same widths in every case, removing them with IM would be an easy task, probably most simply done with the "-shave" operator. . The exact commands would depend on which version of ImageMagick you're using and what platform or OS you're running it on. Have you tried anything yet, and if so, what were the commands and the results?

See the page at this LINK to help you form your question to get the best answers.
Chiitus

Post by Chiitus »

GeeMack wrote: 2017-03-20T07:55:07-07:00
Chiitus wrote: 2017-03-20T07:38:35-07:00Hello guys, iam new at ImageMagick and i want to remove lines from this image (that is a window capture from application in Windows).
If the window borders are the same widths in every case, removing them with IM would be an easy task, probably most simply done with the "-shave" operator. . The exact commands would depend on which version of ImageMagick you're using and what platform or OS you're running it on. Have you tried anything yet, and if so, what were the commands and the results?

See the page at this LINK to help you form your question to get the best answers.
Ok, thanks for the tip!
I will try this and others commands that i will Google for and i will post the results here.
Thanks!
snibgo

Post by snibgo »

The only text in your image is yellow on a blue background. So the obvious solution is to turn all black or gray pixels to white.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

I do not see any text. Do you want any text that is added to the large white area? If so please show an example. Do you want only the white 0 and 1 characters in the blue boxes. Please explain better what you want.

Please, always provide your IM version and platform when asking questions, since syntax may differ. Also provide your exact command line and if possible your images.

See the top-most post in this forum "IMPORTANT: Please Read This FIRST Before Posting" at viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9620

For novices, see

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9620
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/comma ... essing.php
http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/reference.html
http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/