Change/Replace text in image/PSD

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
makwana.ajay
Authentication code: 1151

Change/Replace text in image/PSD

Post by makwana.ajay »

How can I change/replace user inputted text in image programmatically?

I have PSD files with some specific styles text. I want to allow user where they can put their text and system will change the text and updated with user inputted text. Is there any way with image processing software like imagemagick etc...

Please find below reference URL. https://www.gettingpersonal.co.uk/cards ... d-card.htm
Bonzo

Re: Change/Replace text in image/PSD

Post by Bonzo »

Yes you can do it with Imagemagick. For your example I would search the forum for Shirt as that should get you started.
snibgo

Post by snibgo »

As this is about using ImageMagick, not a request for a new feature etc, I'm moving it to the Users forum.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
makwana.ajay

Post by makwana.ajay »

For this, I need to read PSD and extract texts from it. But I haven't found any option of reading and writing PSD. Image with text will be created by Photoshop and it in that text has any type of effects, patterns anything. So how can i do it ?
snibgo

Post by snibgo »

makwana.ajay wrote:For this, I need to read PSD and extract texts from it.
What form is the text in? If it is a text layer, IM can't read it. If it is an image property, then perhaps "indentify -verbose in.psd" or exiftool can read it. Try it and see.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
Bonzo

Post by Bonzo »

Looks like I had misinterpreted your question. From your example posted I had assumed you were going to have a website where the user would pick a card and text and you would be displaying the result on the page. If it was correct you would then print it.