Where can I find the @ parameter in the documentation

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
tsetair
Authentication code: 1151

Where can I find the @ parameter in the documentation

Post by tsetair »

I am having difficulty, locating the documentation which would describe this function, viewtopic.php?t=28915#p128786 , in greater detail

I have made all the basic functions work locally with additional styling, but, I can't locate the portion in the documentation that refers to appending labels from text files onto an image. I want to learn and read more about this feature.

Can someone point me to the correct section in the documentation which details using external text files as a source to append text onto images. I can't find it in the documentation.

Best Regards,

Tse
snibgo

Re: Where can I find the @ parameter in the documentation

Post by snibgo »

For "label:" it is documented at http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/text/#label_lines

Most places IM commands needs a string, you can instead use ...

Code: Select all

@filename.ext
... using any filename, with or without path and extension.

A string at the command line is read by the shell interpreter, so must use the shell's escapes if required. An @-file isn't read by the shell, but is directly read by IM, so doesn't need escapes for the shell.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
tsetair

Post by tsetair »

Thank you so much snibgo, this is really helpful !
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »