Append Images Together Error

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
jhenry
Authentication code: 1151

Append Images Together Error

Post by jhenry »

Hi, I am a newb and my end goal is to append many images together, side by side, into a final single JPEG image.

I am using the Append command as instructed in this thread : viewtopic.php?t=11320

I just installed ImageMagick on OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite. I place the original images I'd like to append, (image1.jpg, image2.jpg), in the computer home folder.

I use this code

Code: Select all

convert image1.jpg image2.jpg +append output.jpg
I get this error readout.

convert: no decode delegate for this image format `JPEG' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/509.
convert: unable to open image 'image2jpg': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/3094.
convert: no decode delegate for this image format `' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/509.
convert: no images defined `output.jpg' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3254.

I read that I may not have the correct JPEG delegate? I downloaded the jpegsrc.v9a.tar.gz delegate file. Do I have to add this to the library? If so how can I do this?

Do I have to put the original images in a certain directory?

Thanks a lot fo your help,

Henry
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Append Images Together Error

Post by fmw42 »

How did you install ImageMagick on your Mac? If from source, then you need to install all the needed delegates (such as for jpg) before installing ImageMagick. See http://www.imagemagick.org/download/delegates/. This can be a real pain. I suggest that you install from a binary. Unfortunately, the only Mac binary provided by ImageMagick is for El Capitan. Therefore, I recommend that you either install ImageMagick from MacPorts or Homebrew. That way you get all the needed delegates.

You can also install all your delegates from MacPorts and then install ImageMagick from source. See viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29100

Your command is correct, if all images are in the same directory as where you issue your command