Resize

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
UliW
Authentication code: 1151

Resize

Post by UliW »

Dear All,
I would like to use ImageMagick for resizing a bulk of pictures. I am using Windows 10 and Image Magick is installed in C:\Programme\ImageMagick-7.0.6-Q16.

The pictures are stored in C:\temp\bildbearbeitung and I would like to change their size to 16% and save them in C:\temp\bildgroesse under the old filename with the addition “-og”.
e.g.: C:\temp\bildbearbeitung\test (1).tif => C:\temp\bildgroesse\test (1)_og.tif

In windows prompt I type: C:\Programme\ImageMagick-7.0.6-Q16\imdisplay C:\temp\Bildbearbeitung\Test (1).tif -resize 16% C:\temp\bildgroesse\test (1)_og.tif

Windows shows me an error: “C:\temp\Bildbearbeitung\Test (1) was not found” and that was it.

May anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance
UliW
snibgo

Re: Resize

Post by snibgo »

If your filenames have spaces you should quote them "like this".
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
UliW

Post by UliW »

Dear snibgo
thank you for your answer.
I have tried:

C:\Programme\ImageMagick-7.0.6-Q16\imdisplay C:\temp\Bildbearbeitung\Test (1).tif -resize 16% C:\temp\Bildgroesse\test (1)_og.tif
Windows says: C:\Programme\ImageMagick-7.0.6-Q16\imdisplay “C:temp\Bildbearbeitung\Test contains an incorrect path.

C:\Programme\ImageMagick-7.0.6-Q16\imdisplay “C:\temp\Bildbearbeitung\Test (1).tif” -resize 16% “C:\temp\Bildgroesse\test (1)_og.tif”
Windows says: C:\temp\Bildbearbeitung\Test was not found.

“C:\Programme\ImageMagick-7.0.6-Q16\imdisplay C:\temp\Bildbearbeitung\Test (1).tif -resize 16% C:\temp\Bildgroesse\test (1)_og.tif”
Windows sasys: “”C:\Programme\ImageMagick-7.0.6-Q16\imdisplay” was not found.

at least I tried
C:\Programme\ImageMagick-7.0.6-Q16\imdisplay C:\temp\Bildbearbeitung\Test(1).tif -resize 16% C:\temp\bildgroesse\test (1)_og.tif
Windows says: C:\temp\Bildbearbeitung\Test(1).tif was not found.

I thought there must be something wrong with the file name C:\temp\Bildbearbeitung\Test (1).tif; the numeral (1) was set automaticaly by Windows. So I tried Test.tif and the file was opened, but nothing more happend.
May you help me to finish the second step?

Thanky Uli
GeeMack

Post by GeeMack »

UliW wrote: 2017-07-19T12:36:09-07:00So I tried Test.tif and the file was opened, but nothing more happend. May you help me to finish the second step?
You're running "imdisplay", the display component of ImageMagick. If you want to do any manipulation or conversion of images you'll need to use "convert", "mogrify", or "montage".

Here's a LINK to some simple instructions to help get you started with the basic usage of ImageMagick. That should get you going in the right direction.
UliW

Post by UliW »

Dear GeeMack,
thanks for your help.
I worked with that link, but in IM 7 some commands changed. So I learned that I had to replace "convert" with "magick" in IM 7.
Now every thing is fine.

Best Uli