pcd conversion issue

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
Drobniac
Authentication code: 1151

pcd conversion issue

Post by Drobniac »

Hey ppl, whats up?

So I have this problem and I don't know if it is a bug, or if my pcd files are faulty.
When I try to convert a pcd file to a png file like this "magick something.pcd something.png" I always get the following error:

magick: improper image header ` something.pcd' @ error/pcd.c/ReadPCDImage/545.

Now this would be fine and dandy if it was with just one file, but this happens with every pcd file I try to convert... Whats up with that?

Here's the header of one of those pcd files

# .PCD v0.7 - Point Cloud Data file format
VERSION 0.7
FIELDS x y z
SIZE 4 4 4
TYPE F F F
COUNT 1 1 1
WIDTH 1366408
HEIGHT 1
VIEWPOINT 0 0 0 1 0 0 0
POINTS 1366408
DATA binary_compressed

Is this not good? Am I missing something?
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: pcd conversion issue

Post by fmw42 »

What is your full ImageMagick version and platform? Please always provide that. I presume IM 7.x.x.x. I don't think we can definitively answer that without having and example file. Can you upload one to some free service (that preserves your input format) such as dropbox.com and put the URL here?

But I suspect the issue is that ImageMagick reads PCD (Kodak Photo CD) format. It would appear you have Point Cloud Data, which is not the same and I do not know that ImageMagick reads that. See http://www.imagemagick.org/script/formats.php and the list generated by doing

Code: Select all

magick -list format
Drobniac
Authentication code: 1151

Re: pcd conversion issue

Post by Drobniac »

This... wow, this explains a lot. It really is the different file types lol. tnx man!