a way to use Lightroom templates or xmp in imagemagick?

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
der_guido
Authentication code: 1151

a way to use Lightroom templates or xmp in imagemagick?

Post by der_guido »

Hi all,

is there a way to use/read/process a template file or a xmp-file - exported by lightroom - and to batch-process photos than with imagemagick?

thanks for help or any hints
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: a way to use Lightroom templates or xmp in imagemagick?

Post by fmw42 »

I doubt it. Imagemagick knows nothing about Lightroom templates as far as I know. It can extract xmp profiles, but I do not know what it can do with them.

If all your processing is point operations (brightness, color, contrast) and no blur/sharpen or composites, then you could use HALD cluts from Lightroom and batch process them with your images in Imagemagick. See http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/color_mods/#hald-clut
snibgo

Post by snibgo »

IM knows nothing about LR, but LR does know about IM, and can use it. It is possible (or likely) that some of LR's scripting language can directly drive IM. But you would need to consult LR documentation.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
der_guido

Post by der_guido »

many thanks,

That's what I thought.... another way is configuring a photo in darktable, save the xmp of the photo and run in a batch via darktable-cli. But not really the way I want :/
Bonzo

Post by Bonzo »

There is a Imagemagick Lightroom plugin but I do not know what it does exactly ( batch processing ? )and it is not free.