ImageMagick on Arch linux Kernel 3.14.29. - Error: convert: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libraqm.so.0:

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
ajiratech
Authentication code: 1152

ImageMagick on Arch linux Kernel 3.14.29. - Error: convert: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libraqm.so.0:

Post by ajiratech »

My goal is to convert PDF files into JPG images and I like how Imagemagick quickly converts them on another machine (Intel based).
But my long term needs are to use an armv8/aarch64 embedded computer (similar to Odroid C2) running Arch linux with Kernel 3.14.29.
I've installed Imagemagick, Ghostscript and poppel but I cannot get Imagemagick to work on this machine.
To test out the installation I entered the command "convert" with or without any arguments, I immediately get the following error:

Code: Select all

convert: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libraqm.so.0: undefined symbol: fribidi_get_bracket_types
Please advice how do I get ImageMagick to work on an Armv8 embedded system.
ajiratech
Authentication code: 1152

Re: ImageMagick on Arch linux Kernel 3.14.29. - Error: convert: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libraqm.so.0:

Post by ajiratech »

Thank you! upgrading fribidi resolved the issue. Can't believe it was such a simple fix.