Resize is displaying pdf comments

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
althaus
Authentication code: 1152

Resize is displaying pdf comments

Post by althaus »

I'm current using version 7 of Imagemagick. I was using an older version and this issue wasn't happening.

When I run Imagemagick via command line:
$exec_cmd = 'convert -density 96x96 "' . $tiny_path . '" -resize 1000x1000 -colorspace RGB +write "' . $large_path . '" -resize 200x200 -colorspace RGB +write "' . $medium_path . '" -resize 110x110 -colorspace RGB "' . $small_path . '"';

Imagemagick is showing opening up the comments in my pdf and then saving them to all the images that I'm creating in the command line.

Is there another option that I can put in the command to suppress this?

Thanks in advance. Please let me know if more information is needed.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Resize is displaying pdf comments

Post by fmw42 »

Please post your command with actual file names. Where is the PDF? What are your file formats for output? If you want to process one image to multiple sizes, then use parenthesis processing. See for example

https://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/basics/#parenthesis
https://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/files/#write
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Resize is displaying pdf comments

Post by snibgo »

althaus wrote:Imagemagick is showing opening up the comments in my pdf ...
I don't understand what you mean. IM will rasterize each page of the PDF -- it makes a raster image (with pixels) from each page. If these "comments" are text on a page, then they will be rasterized and appear on the raster image.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com