How do I speed up commands

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
Mini0h
Authentication code: 1152

How do I speed up commands

Post by Mini0h »

I am a 3D modeling/Texturing artist. I often need to invert a Black & White image and using Photoshop is to much of a hassle.

GOAL: Ideally I would like to select one or more images in windows explore, execute a shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+I), Create a duplicate image that was inverted with a suffix of "_INVERTED".

So far ive been able to run

Code: Select all

magick convert -negate IMAGE.jpg IMAGE_INVERTED.jpg
This is great but I would like to make this command a shortcut or something that allows me to execute it faster. I was thinking a batch file could be part of it but I have know idea what I'm doing.

Can Image magick do this with out running something in the command line? If not does anybody have suggestions for some application that can quickly save an inverted image next to the selected image
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: How do I speed up commands

Post by snibgo »

You can create a shortcut so right-click will process all the selected files, creating an inverted version of each. This would be a BAT script file that steps through the input arguments, the list of files, converting each one.

How is that BAT script triggered by a right-click context menu? I don't know. It probably depends on the Windows version (7, 8, 8.1, 10, etc).
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
Mini0h
Authentication code: 1152

Re: How do I speed up commands

Post by Mini0h »

Great! Thanks snibgo! I'll look in to that and see what I can do.

I made a sample BAT file that made a new Folder on my desktop, then right clicked on the file and created a shortcut for the BAT file. In the properties of the shortcut I assigned Ctrl + Shift + F. That worked great so now all I have to do is figure out how make the BAT file run on my selected files.