Missing Image

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
mirrorworld
Authentication code: 1152

Missing Image

Post by mirrorworld »

Hi Guys
I'm very new to IM but have a problem I can't solve, hoping someone can help
I've created an image using the convert command
convert -size 1000x1000 XC:white side2.png -geometry +0+0 -composite side1.png -geometry +0+0 -composite -trim -rotate 45 -transparent white -trim chevron.png
which all seems to work perfectly, however when I then try and load the image created to add a drop shadow the image won't load. I just get a blank space..
Can anyone shed any light on this
Thanks

Using IM 7.07-21 q16 x64 win 10
mirrorworld
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Missing Image

Post by mirrorworld »

### SOLVED ###
Wasn't a problem with the code, just had to wait a fraction before calling the image I'd just created, then could work on it without a problem.
Did this by just calling the required code in two separate functions.
would still be interest if there is a more elegant way to achieve this :-)
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Missing Image

Post by snibgo »

Are you running commands from ordinary command windows? Or from something else?

In Windows, a command cannot usually be started until the previous one has finished. So if one command creates "chevron.png", that file will be available to the next command.

However, it is possible to run programs with "nowait", so the first program can still be running when you start the next program, so "chevron.png" will still be open.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com