Lightroom color adjustment to imagemagick command line

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
cyberguerro
Authentication code: 1152

Lightroom color adjustment to imagemagick command line

Post by cyberguerro »

Hi to all,
I need help from you to create command line to apply below color adjustment from lightroom, because I have to apply them to over 30000 files.
This is color adjustment (translated from italian version of lightroom):

Code: Select all

Temp +15
Tint +30
Exposition -23
contrast +100
Lights -35
Shadows 0
Whites -41
Blacks -35
Clarity +11
Vivid +20
Saturation -20

And then for sharpness field:
Factor 43
Range 1,0
Details 19
Mask 50
I attach 2 images (before and after) to understand which result shoul be.
Before:
After:

Thanx to all who can help me.
Last edited by cyberguerro on 2018-08-17T07:43:58-07:00, edited 1 time in total.
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Lightroom color adjustment to imagemagick command line

Post by snibgo »

I suggest you consider using https://www.darktable.org/ , which has some of these built-in.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
cyberguerro

Post by cyberguerro »

Hi @snibgo, unfortunelly I have to use imagemagick because (for complete information) the application which I use to generate my photoscenery (yes, I'm a sim-player of X-Plane), named ortho4xp, uses imagemagick to convert and adjust jpeg images during conversion process.
So I have no choice... :(
fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

Unfortunately, Lightroom is proprietary code. We do not know exactly what they do. It would take quit a bit of time for anyone to try to guess at what they do and make tests with different Imagemagick functions varying the arguments to to see if it can be matched.

Apart from the sharpness issue, you may be able to match Lightroom color, brightness, contrast, etc processing using a HALD image and -hald-clut. Basically you create a large enough HALD image in Imagemagick as PNG or TIFF. Take it to Lightroom and apply all your settings and save it to PNG or TIFF (not any lossy compression like JPG). Then bring it back to Imagemagick and use -hald-clut to apply it to any image.

See https://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/color_mods/#hald-clut