Fade between 2 sets of images for an animation.

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
coolperez8
Authentication code: 1151

Fade between 2 sets of images for an animation.

Post by coolperez8 »

So, I have an animation I rendered twice, one where it's in a map of daytime and one in a nighttime equivalent map. The animation has frames numbered ani1_000000 to ani1_007199 for both daytime and nighttime. What I want to do is generate an entirely new set of images where at the beginning it's daytime (frame 000000) and at the end it's nighttime (frame 007199). I want it to be equivalent to loading up 7200 images with X being the number of nighttime images (where X is also the frane number) and 7199-X being the number of daytime images, and averaging them all. Except, my PC wouldn't have enough memory to do that, so what would be a more efficient method of doing this?
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Fade between 2 sets of images for an animation.

Post by snibgo »

I think you want each output frame to be a blend of two input frames. The first step is to decide how that will work. I suggest you pick two input frames and figure out what "magick" command you need. Perhaps it will include "-compose blend", with the blend amount varying from 0 at the start of the sequence to 100 at the end.

You might find the blend looks better if you do it in linear RGB space instead of sRGB or whatever.

Then write a script that loops through the sequence, making each output from from two input frames.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com