Replace sub-images in a multi-page TIF ?

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
Jossie
Authentication code: 6789

Replace sub-images in a multi-page TIF ?

Post by Jossie »

Hello,

my scanner delivers its raw data as multipage TIFs. I would like to tweak the images without changing the metadata. If the metadata are changed, the software no longer works correctly. Is there a way in imagemagick to "replace" the content of the sub-images without affecting the metadata?

I have tried the following: extract the sub-images with imagemagick, tweak the images with imageJ, assemble the images back with imagemagick, use EXIFtool to copy the metadata from the original to the tweaked TIF. However, EXIFtool does not copy all tags, so the procedure does not work.

Many thanks in advance and best wishes

Hermann-Josef
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Replace sub-images in a multi-page TIF ?

Post by snibgo »

Jossie wrote:Is there a way in imagemagick to "replace" the content of the sub-images without affecting the metadata?
No. If exiftool doesn't copy all tags, how about exiv2? If neither work, I suggest you report this to them.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
Jossie
Authentication code: 6789

Re: Replace sub-images in a multi-page TIF ?

Post by Jossie »

Thanks for your reply.

I have asked in the EXIFtool forum. I looked into the documentation of exiv2 and did not find a copy command there.

If all else fails I will have to do this with own software, which I try to avoid, of course.

Hermann-Josef