"mogrify" not working for batch image editing

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
Mukesh Dasharath
Authentication code: 1151

"mogrify" not working for batch image editing

Post by Mukesh Dasharath »

Version
ImageMagick-7.0.4-Q16

OS
windows-10 -64bits

Command
magick mogrify "D:\imgk_grdnt\*.jpg" -fuzz 5% -trim -resize 660x700 -gravity center -extent 720x1125 -define gradient: -size 720x350 -gravity south gradient:white-#a7a7a7 -compose linear_burn -composite "D:\imgk_grdnt\*.jpg"

by using above command i m trying to edit bulk images but mogrify command is not working. it is showing "mogrify: no encode delegate for this image format `XC' @ error/constitute.c/WriteImage/1158.
mogrify: unrecognized option `-compose' @ error/mogrify.c/MogrifyImageCommand/4512."
Please Help.
snibgo

Re: "mogrify" not working for batch image editing

Post by snibgo »

See "magick mogrify" documentation at http://www.imagemagick.org/script/mogrify.php

It takes one argument for input files that may contain a wildcard at the end of the command.

Your command creates two gradient images, but I don't know what you want to do with those.

I suggest you write a simple "magick" command, not "magick mogrify".
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
Mukesh Dasharath

Re: "mogrify" not working for batch image editing

Post by Mukesh Dasharath »

I have a lot of footwear images with the white background, I want to give depth in those images by using gradient shade. it's working for a single image but not for multiple images.

Please help..