Same command produces different results on different servers

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
chowbok
Authentication code: 1152

Same command produces different results on different servers

Post by chowbok »

I'm using this command to generate an image:

Code: Select all

convert \( p01.png -bordercolor none -background none -rotate -30 -repage +20-71 \) -layers merge \( p02.png -bordercolor none -background none -rotate -23 -repage -18-24 \) -layers merge \( p03.png -bordercolor none -background none -rotate -15 -repage -11-40 \) -layers merge \( p04.png -bordercolor none -background none -rotate +10 -repage +42+54 \) -layers merge \( p05.png -bordercolor none -background none -rotate +3 -repage +53+60 \) -layers merge \( p06.png -bordercolor none -background none -rotate -5 -repage +50+52 \) -layers merge +repage -flatten +repage -background black \( +clone -shadow 60x4+4+4 \) +swap -background none -flatten -interlace Line output.png
On my laptop, I get this (which is what I want):
But when I run the exact same command on my server, I get this:
Both machines are running Arch Linux with all packages up to date. convert -version gives me "ImageMagick 7.0.8-47 Q16 x86_64" on both machines. As far as I can tell, everything relevant is exactly the same on both machines. I'm completely stumped here. Why am I getting the bad output on my server?
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Same command produces different results on different servers

Post by snibgo »

I suggest you simplify the command to find where the problem is. For example, you have no "-border" so I expect you can remove "-bordercolor none" with no difference. I suggest you create the smallest command you can, using no external files, that shows the problem.

Why do you "-flatten" before creating the shadow?
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
chowbok
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Same command produces different results on different servers

Post by chowbok »

I think I've found the issue, actually. I needed to install Intel SDK for OpenCL. Apparently it uses the GPU and needs the drivers for that. I already had them on my laptop, but since my server is headless I never installed them on there.