Need help for :No decode delegate for this Image format Error

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
Farzana
Authentication code: 1152

Need help for :No decode delegate for this Image format Error

Post by Farzana »

Hello All,

I am new to ImageMagick on Mac. I am using ImageMagick version 7.0.9 on MAC os 10.14.x. I downloaded the source and through terminal built and installed the application. When I try converting the JPEG / Tiff / AI / EPS files to PNG it gives me error of "No Decode Delegate for this image format."

I tried same steps on MAC OS 10.11.x with same version but it works fine on this OS. Need help to know if I am missing some steps or options on the 10.13.x and above OS.

Any help would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance,
Regards.

fmw42

Re: Need help for :No decode delegate for this Image format Error

Post by fmw42 »

When you install from source, you must have already installed all the delegate libraries for the various image formats and other things before installing Imagemagick. See https://imagemagick.org/download/delegates/

I would urge you to install binaries (that include delegates) from Homebrew for IM 7 or IM 6 or MacPorts for IM 6.

What I do is install all my delegates from MacPorts, then install Imagemagick from source. See https://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-s ... =1&t=29100

Farzana

Post by Farzana »

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, I will definitely try this today and let you know.

Regards.

shahire

Post by shahire »

Thanks.
Do you have any document which will guide me to install png delegates?

I have gone through the couple of guides from internet but no luck. getting same error.

fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

I suggest you just install from Homebrew. It will install Imagemagick with most if not all the delegates you need. Otherwise, follow my instructions (link) to install all your delegates from MacPorts and then install Imagemagick from source.

Farzana

Post by Farzana »

Hello,

We were able to compile the ImageMagick with the delegates with a additional configuration parameters. Thanks for the help.

But now we are now facing another issue where the Image Transparency is lost. We tried -transparent parameter with convert command, -alpha , fuzz, -background, etc.
But none works as required. For -alpha it creates multiple files which is incorrect. How can I achieve single png file with the convert command.

PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin; convert "/Users/admin/Desktop/Testing Folder/OnlineArrow1.psd" -mosaic -resize 600x600 "/Users/admin/Desktop/Testing Folder/OnlineArrow1.png".

Thanks & Regards.

fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

If you want the flattened image resized, use just the first layer of the psd file

Code: Select all

convert image.psd[0] -resize 600x600 out.png
If that does not work, then post a link to your PSD file.