convert eps to eps and attach profile

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
andyroo

convert eps to eps and attach profile

Post by andyroo »

Greetings,

I am producing a large quantity of CMYK EPS files for a book project. The printing house would like to have its ICC profile attached to each EPS file. I am not able to attach this profile at source as I create the EPS files, otherwise I would. And with 1200 EPS files involved, I do not want to open each one separtely in Photo Shop and attach them manually.

I had hoped that IM would be able to do this. From what I've been able to figure out, profiles are relatively straightforward to attach. I've tested some code and it has worked. What doesn't work is the conversion from EPS to EPS -- the vector linework gets rasterized in the process. I would like the output to remain vector. Anthony's file format page says that vector to vector conversions aren't handled in IM -- just want to confirm if that is still the case.

Alternatively, can this conversion (and profile addition) be done directly with Ghostscript?

I am using IM 6.2.9.

Thanks,

Andrew