Compilation Error

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
rhinst

Compilation Error

Post by rhinst »

I'm trying to compile imagemagick 6.3.1 on Debian Sarge and it fails with the following messages:
libtool: ignoring unknown tag CXX
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.3.5/../../..//libjpeg.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.3.5/../../..//libfreetype.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.3.5/../../..//libjpeg.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.3.5/../../..//libfreetype.la' seems to be moved
/usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a(atexit.oS)(.gnu.linkonce.t.__i686.get_pc_thunk.bx+0x0): In function `__i686.get_pc_thunk.bx':
: multiple definition of `__i686.get_pc_thunk.bx'
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.3.5/crtbeginS.o(.gnu.linkonce.t.__i686.get_pc_thunk.bx+0x0): first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Magick++/lib/libMagick++.la] Error 1
node1:/usr/local/src/ImageMagick-6.3.1# echo $?
node1:/usr/local/src/ImageMagick-6.3.1# gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.3.5/specs
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --enable-languages=c,c++,java,f77,pascal,objc,ada,treelang --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/3.3 --enable-shared --enable-__cxa_atexit --with-system-zlib --enable-nls --without-included-gettext --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-debug --enable-java-gc=boehm --enable-java-awt=xlib --enable-objc-gc i486-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-13)

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Rob
rhinst

Post by rhinst »

I installed gcc-3.4 and used the following environment vars and it fixed me right up:

CC=gcc-3.4
CXX=g++