HELP! Cannot Install! recursion too deep when reg dll

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
tonyg

HELP! Cannot Install! recursion too deep when reg dll

Post by tonyg »

Help!
I am trying to install on windows server 2003 patch current. When it trys to register the dll, i get the following error:

LoadLibrary("e:\program files\imagemagick-6.3.1-q16\imagemagickobject.dll")failed - Recursion too deep; the stack overflowed

I have seen several post on this but no answers.....what am I doing wrong? I have tried to uninstall and reinstall in short dir name and reg by hand also has same issue.
Beatle

Post by Beatle »

I was having the same problem.

This may or may not help but I've just installed the static version with no problems, I can still access the Object in VB.
tonyg

Post by tonyg »

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I am using ImageMagick in a web application, I think I need the dll registered. But, thanks anyway.........why is no one else replying???? I have seen this issue posted elsewhere, we are not the only ones!!! :cry:
tonyg

Post by tonyg »

Ok,
I think I know what is going on. I mis-understood your last post. I think the problem is the 'dynamic' version does not include all the dll dependencies. the static version does. I installed the static version and the dll was able to register.

hope this helps someone else!
jfong

Post by jfong »

I got ImageMagick to work by installing it using the command line utility (ppm). I found the hint on the Bugzilla support site. It seems the ImageMagick wizard doesn't really install the perl library correctly. It shows as installed, but if you run "ppm remove" on the package, it says the package isn't installed. I ran "ppm install" on the package from the PerlMagick subdirectory and I can run the demo without errors now.

Hope this helps.