Error:-2147215503 - convert

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
oddball508

Error:-2147215503 - convert

Post by oddball508 »

I have some VBA code that I'm using to process thousands of JPGs into PDFs. It creates a single page PDF for each JPG with ImageMagick, then uses PDFTK to put those single page PDFs into one PDF bundle (avoiding the compression artifacting of image magick).

This is working on one PC but when it errors when running this on the second PC I have set up. This error does not happen at any set time of number of files processed or system resources being used. The sizes of the jpgs does not seem to effect.

Error message;
Error:-2147215503 - convert: 0xC0000005: access violation

Same apps on both PCs;
WindowsXP Pro
ImageMagick-6.3.1-6-Q8-windows-dll.exe
gs854w32.exe

Base part of the code that loops for each JPG and is where the error always sources from;
Dim imgobj As MagickImage, strImgFrom As String, strImgTo As String

strImgFrom = "D:\temp\0001.jpg"
strImgTo = "D:\temp\0001.pdf

Set imgobj = New MagickImage
imgobj.Convert strImgFrom, "-resample", "100x100", "-quality", "60", strImgTo
Set imgobj = Nothing

HELP!! PLEASE!!! Any ideas.
oddball508

Post by oddball508 »

I think I've found some solutions.

1) Previous versions need to be full uninstalled and any remaining files removed.

2) The main cause of the error I was getting seems to be with version ImageMagick-6.3.1 - I installed version ImageMagick-6.3.0 and all is working.