Layered JPEG? Firefox / Konqueror problems

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
Servo888

Layered JPEG? Firefox / Konqueror problems

Post by Servo888 »

So I have about 1,000 PDF files that I've taken and converted to images. But a few of the files generated weird jpeg's, in this case it seems that the JPEG's are layered... In Konqueror I can only see some parts of the image, while in Firefox I can either see everything, or nothing at all. I have no clue how to fix this, as there are about 100 or so images like this. I've tried creating the JPEG's from the PDF's using the -flatten option, but that still produced the same results. If I open the image in gimp, and save it again, the image looks fine in everything. Any suggestions?

See the following image for a better explaination.
http://www.garkei.com/4td/broken.jpg

Thank you,
-S
magick
Site Admin

Re: Layered JPEG? Firefox / Konqueror problems

Post by magick »

You are probably creating CMYK JPEG images. To convert to RGB, add -colorspace RGB to your command line or add -profile (one each for the CMYK color profile and then again for the sRGB color profile).
Servo888

Re: Layered JPEG? Firefox / Konqueror problems

Post by Servo888 »

Tried the pdf file to jpg with the -colorspace RGB option, and the output it just a blank white page. Hmm but I think we are on to something.

One thing that did work is converting the pdf to ps, then converting the ps to a jpeg... That increases the amount time needed to convert the file by 20 folds - but as a last resort it might work.