psd files

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
BWT

psd files

Post by BWT »

I am generating different resolution psd files from a high res psd file with this command

img.convert("D:\test.psd", "-limit", "memory", "512", "-limit", "map", "2048", "-strip", "-units", "PixelsPerInch", "-resample", "120x120", "-depth", "8", "D:\test_120.psd")

I specify the resolution, however the generated file has 72 dpi when viewed in photoshop and there is no dpi/resolution information in other viewers (like irfan viewer). When generating jpg, tif, and eps files I did not have this problem with this command.
Any suggestions?
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: psd files

Post by anthony »

As a guess Photoshop probably only uses its own special profile info when looking at PSD files.

Anyone know for sure?
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/
BWT

Re: psd files

Post by BWT »

Actually, even without Photoshop if I resample a PSD file from 300 dpi to 120 dpi and strip the profile, Image Magick reads the output file's resolution wrong as "72 Undefined". If I don't strip the profile it reads it wrong again as "300" (just like the source file)

img.convert("D:\test\test.psd", "-strip", "-units", "PixelsPerInch", "-resample", "120x120", "D:\test\test_120.psd")
img.Identify("-format", "%x", "D:\test\test_120.psd")

Any sugestions how to resample a PSD? Other file type outputs like JPEGs and TIFs don't have this problem.
Thanks.