Installing Imagick/MagickWand

MagickWand for PHP is an object-oriented PHP interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning MagickWand for PHP.
earachefl
Authentication code: 8675308

Installing Imagick/MagickWand

Post by earachefl »

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before... a cursory search didn't show any immediately relevant results.

I'm working on installing ImageMagick and Imagick and could use some help. I have XAMPP installed on OS 10.5.8. I managed to get ImageMagick installed using macports. I then created a .bash_profile and added this path to it:
export PATH=$PATH:/Volumes/bootay/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin/
After doing that, I tried to install Imagick using:
sudo pecl install imagick
which gave me the error message at the end:
checking ImageMagick MagickWand API configuration program... configure: error: not found. Please provide a path to MagickWand-config or Wand-config program.
ERROR: `/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/temp/pear/temp/imagick/configure --with-imagick' failed
I then downloaded MagickWand and ran phpize on it, which gave me the error message:
checking MagickWand-config in default path... configure: error: Cannot locate configuration program MagickWand-config

At this point, I'm not sure what I should do. Should I have run ./configure prior to running phpize? Or what?

p.s. I went ahead and tried running ./configure for MagickWand. At the end I got error:

checking MagickWand-config in default path... configure: error: Cannot locate configuration program MagickWand-config

I checked for the existence of Wand-config and got:

Computer-157:MagickWandForPHP-1.0.7 mymac$ Wand-config --version
6.6.9 Q16

I then added a path to MagickWand-config:

export PATH=$PATH:/opt/local/var/macports/software/ImageMagick/6.6.9-1_1+q16/opt/local/bin/

and was able to run phpize successfully. However, running ./configure gives error:

which I don't understand given that I added that path previously.
BilboUK

Re: Installing Imagick/MagickWand

Post by BilboUK »

Bit of a late reply I know but I'll post for the benefit of others.

I believe MagickWand-config is only installed if you compile ImageMagick from source. I installed it from an rpm (on Centos) and it wasn't there.
anthony

Re: Installing Imagick/MagickWand

Post by anthony »

It is probably only present if you install the development package. (with the includes)
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/