magick wand -- better than imagick?

MagickWand for PHP is an object-oriented PHP interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning MagickWand for PHP.
david222
Authentication code: 8675308

magick wand -- better than imagick?

Post by david222 »

hello,

i've developed an application using imagick that resizes and resamples large images. unfortunately, due to the way imagick works, resizing and/or resampling creates huuuuge work files in /tmp that crash the system because /tmp actually fills up. i'm not sure if these are scratch files or dumps due to it crashing. i posted here, but the final answer is 'there is no answer'.

i've never used magick wand before, and i'm wondering if rewriting the software to use it instead of imagick will resolve this problem. have any of you veteran users of magick wand had similar experiences to mine?

i'm also considering using another image processing library altogether. any suggestions?

thanks
magick
Site Admin

Re: magick wand -- better than imagick?

Post by magick »

Typically MagickWand will be no faster than iMagick. They both wrap MagickCore. Regarding the temp files, see http://www.imagemagick.org/script/archi ... .php#cache.