Status of MagickWand for PHP

MagickWand for PHP is an object-oriented PHP interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning MagickWand for PHP.
tsr

Status of MagickWand for PHP

Post by tsr »

Hi,

Ok, I'm building a simple image editor for use in a web-browser. Currently I'm not very confident in using IM or MagickWand, but I'm getting there :)

What I would like to know is the status of the MagickWand module for PHP. How actively is it maintained, etc.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to create a simple shadow-command and while there is a quite good shadow-option for the CLI and also the C API (as seen here) I wonder what it will take to get it into PHP MagickWand (or maybe it's allready there, just not documented?)

[edit]It appears that the problem is with the documentation at http://www.magickwand.org that just doesn't mention the Shadow-function. So I'd like to rephrase my question: who is in charge of that site and how can I get in touch with them so that the documentation is up to date.[/edit]

I also wonder if there are any image manipulating libraries that are based on PHP MagickWand? (to see example code that is written in PHP)

/tsr
magick
Site Admin

Re: Status of MagickWand for PHP

Post by magick »

MagickWand for PHP is actively maintained. We just release MagickWand for PHP 1.0.0 just a week or so ago.

We'll add a method for shadows in the next point release.
nunz

Re: Status of MagickWand for PHP

Post by nunz »

You get the honor of getting my first reply ever!

Here's some code that I wrote that makes a text shadow. Everything in $CAPITAL_LETTERS is defined earlier in the PHP file. Let me know if this helps.

I'm brand new to using Magickwand-- so I may not be a lot of help (that's just a disclamer). :lol:

Code: Select all

if ($MESSAGE != "")
	{
		$font_color_wand = setColor( $FONT_COLOR );

DrawSetTextAlignment( $brush, MW_CenterAlign );	//set drawn text properties.
		DrawSetGravity( $brush, MW_CenterGravity );
		DrawSetFont( $brush, $FONT );
		DrawSetFontSize( $brush, $FONT_SIZE );
		DrawSetStrokeWidth( $brush, 1 );

$txt_offset = ($FONT_SIZE / 2) * substr_count( $MESSAGE, "\n" );

if ($FONT_SHADOW)
		{
			$font_shadow_wand = NewPixelWand();
			$color_arr = PixelGetQuantumColor( $font_color_wand );

$color_arr['r'] -= $color_arr['r'] * $FONT_SHADOW_INTENSITY;
			$color_arr['g'] -= $color_arr['g'] * $FONT_SHADOW_INTENSITY;
			$color_arr['b'] -= $color_arr['b'] * $FONT_SHADOW_INTENSITY;

PixelSetQuantumColor( $font_shadow_wand, $color_arr['r'], $color_arr['g'], $color_arr['b'] );
			DrawSetFillColor( $brush, $font_shadow_wand );
			DrawSetStrokeColor( $brush, $font_shadow_wand ); 
			DrawAnnotation( $brush, ($WIDTH / 2) + $FONT_SHADOW_OFFSET, ($HEIGHT / 2) - $txt_offset + $FONT_SHADOW_OFFSET, $MESSAGE );	

}
		DrawSetFillColor( $brush, $font_color_wand );
		DrawSetStrokeColor( $brush, $font_color_wand ); //sets the stroke color to $FONT_COLOR.

DrawAnnotation( $brush, ($WIDTH / 2), ($HEIGHT / 2) - $txt_offset, $MESSAGE );
	}