MagickWand installation on windows

MagickWand for PHP is an object-oriented PHP interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning MagickWand for PHP.
justbluemail

MagickWand installation on windows

Post by justbluemail »

I've been trying to install magickwand on windows but I think I doing something wrong.
1) First I downloaded xampplite version 1.5.5 which has php5.2.0.
2) Then I download ImageMagick-6.3.3-3-Q16-windows-static.exe and installed it.
3) After that I downloaded php_magickwand_q16_st.dll from http://www.imagemagick.org/magick/viewt ... nd+windows and saved it on php/ext folder
4) edited php.ini file and added extension=php-5.2.0_magickwand_q16_st.dll and restat server
5) uploaded the file image.jpg and test.php to server
teste.php :

<?php

$resource = NewMagickWand();
MagickReadImage( $resource, 'image.jpg' );

MagickRotateImage( $resource, NewPixelWand( 'blue' ), 45 );

header( 'Content-Type: image/jpeg' );
MagickEchoImageBlob( $resource );

?>

6) run teste.php and got this messange:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function NewMagickWand() in C:\xampplite\htdocs\image\test.php on line 3

Please, could you help me to identify what I am doing wrong?
squig

Re: MagickWand installation on windows

Post by squig »

Hello,

have a testpage with "phpinfo();" command. Check two things:
  • Is the extension loaded? You should have a "MagickWand" section in the phpinfo output.
  • If extension failed to load (no "Magickwand" section), search for "extension_dir" in the output and check if it is the directory where you placed the .dll file

squig
mohanraj

Post by mohanraj »

hi,

I got folowing error while configuring magicwand dll in extension and try to restart apache server

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'd:/wamp/php/ext/php_magickwand_q16_st.dll' - The specified procedure could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

any suggestion helps me lot

thanks in advance.
Mohan
ZootSuitRyan

Post by ZootSuitRyan »

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'd:/wamp/php/ext/php_magickwand_q16_st.dll' - The specified procedure could not be found.
This is self explanatory. PHP is looking at the PATH above for the DLL to run MagickWand and it doesn't exist or match the version of ImageMagick.
adamUK

Post by adamUK »

I had difficulty locating the dll for MagickWand (not Imagick) it but found it eventially. It's now here. Please see:

http://www.ax-ea.co.uk/magickwand/readme.htm

Cheers

Adam.
MGSteve

Post by MGSteve »

Is there a new URL for the windows DLL or is it non-existent now?