Problems creating 8bit BMP image

IMagick is a native PHP extension to create and modify images using the ImageMagick API. ImageMagick Studio LLC did not write nor does it maintain the IMagick extension, however, IMagick users are welcome to discuss the extension here.
Jens

Problems creating 8bit BMP image

Post by Jens »

Hello,

I have problems with the creation of a 8 bit BMP image file. It does not work with the PHP Imagick class and also not work with "convert" in the console.

The installed version is: ImageMagick 6.2.4 02/10/07 Q16
PHP module version is: 2.1.1-rc1
mkoppanen

Re: Problems creating 8bit BMP image

Post by mkoppanen »

If the issue is present with the command-line tools, then I would assume the problems lies in your ImageMagick installation.
Mikko Koppanen
My blog: http://valokuva.org
Jens

Re: Problems creating 8bit BMP image

Post by Jens »

I'm not sure how I should feel at the moment.

I have took the latest version of ImageMagick (ImageMagick-6.3.9) and have compiled/installed it on my system. But no success with creating bmp images with 8 bit depth. What I got are 4 bit or 32 bit. But I have to have 8 bit for the stupid Cisco 7940 phone.

I have tried to create gif images and to convert them, I have tried to do some other nasty things without success.

The only way to change the color deep was to posterize the image. But I can set any value with the option depth or colors or colors and depth without any difference.

I'm looking for the option "I'm sure I know what I do, so do it now." but I haven't found it yet.

[Update] I saw that an identify tells me that my generated image is 8-bit, but Windows/Adobe tells me it is 32-bit:

Code: Select all

weather1.bmp BMP 90x56 90x56+0+0 PseudoClass 256c 8-bit 2.79883kb