What is the limit capability of IMagick?

IMagick is a native PHP extension to create and modify images using the ImageMagick API. ImageMagick Studio LLC did not write nor does it maintain the IMagick extension, however, IMagick users are welcome to discuss the extension here.
degarb
Authentication code: 6789

What is the limit capability of IMagick?

Post by degarb »

I use image magick every 20 minutes, in script to pull radars, resize crop, transcode upload to server. Thus, I can pull on cell phone and tablet in areas of weak cell signal, lower monthly bit rate, and use 200 meg free/month on tmobile. Also at home on quad core and 15 megabit connection on chrome, rather than 2 minutes to pull 20 megs of javascript, ads, bloated images, bloated code by warped webmasters, I can get same 100 images and data segments in 1.5 seconds.

So, now, it looks like people are perfectly content to use webpages of 5 megs and 10 seconds (desktop and 40 seconds mobile) that auto run video, Heck, just push me to 4g, then 5g, then 6g, at an extra $20 a month each time. The data is the exact same as the 75k pages of the 90s, and the look is nearly the same.

Since, skweezer is dead, mowser is dead, wap.google.com is going to be dead. I want to build my own. But do not know where to start. Phonifier install is simple enough and works-15 minutes to up and running. But it doesn't compress images. I spent a day, unsuccessfully trying standard image rescaling using php. THen, another unsuccessfully trying SLIR install and work. Slir installed, but wont pull a local or outside image.

Frankly, the php forums seem to be dead. No answers. I posted in imagemagick server forum, no answer.

I don't get it: 1. not everyone is running linux 2. not everyone is using apache. 3. Why would anyone ever want to resize images on their own host? 4. Why can't you get simple answers (any, actually) from these php, server forums?

WANT TO BUILD A MOWSER, WAP.GOOGLE.COM, SKWEEZER, REPLACEMENT!!!! HOW???? Specs: image compression, phonifier (existing php works great), no proxy setting on browser, must allow iframing, must allow wrapping inside other php on other sites. All gid libraries, subdomain limitations, php ini limits, server brand, and other stumbling blocks should be part of any instrucitons.

So, I am thinking imagemagick on server, plus phonifier.php, on some subdomain on godaddy (probably not apache brand server), might do the trick to recreate a skweezer or wap.google.com. But this depends on how much work has gone into imagemagick to this point.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: What is the limit capability of IMagick?

Post by fmw42 »

What is the functionality of skweezer? I have never heard of it. If you can give us and idea of what it does to images, then perhaps one or more of us can suggest what IM can do to help replace it, if possible.
Bonzo

Post by Bonzo »

4. Why can't you get simple answers (any, actually) from these php, server forums?
People on forums are usually volunteers and a. have to be interested in your question and b. know what you are talking about.
So, now, it looks like people are perfectly content to use webpages of 5 megs and 10 seconds (desktop and 40 seconds mobile) that auto run video
I think this is why the internet slowing down and most of what is being downloaded is crap. A lot of fluff around one interesting item but that's another story.

According to Wikipedia
Skweezer was a Mobile HTML Transcoder for users of handheld devices such as personal digital assistants and mobile phones, but ceased service at its website in 2013. Skweezer reformatted and compressed web content in order to reduce a web page's file size and make the downloaded content easier to view on a small screen [1]. Skweezer was developed by Skweezer, Inc. (f.k.a. Greenlight Wireless Corporation) and initially released in 2003. Skweezer's technology is used to mobilize Web content service by search engines, Web portals, and wireless carriers such as IAC/InterActiveCorp [2], Bloglines [3], and Orange SA [4]. Skweezer was available in English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Japanese languages and serves customers in over 175 countries worldwide [5].
degarb
Authentication code: 6789

Post by degarb »

I wonder why mowser and skweezer would shut down rather than convert to Opening up code or license out.

Greenwifi is in pa. I remember skweezer was in california. I wouldn't mind asking