UnableToOpenBlob `xc:#FFFFFFFFFFFF'

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
cgroer

UnableToOpenBlob `xc:#FFFFFFFFFFFF'

Post by cgroer »

I have built IM using VisualStudio 8 and I have set all of the appropriate environment variables (MAGICK_HOME, MAGICK_CONFIGURE_PATH) so that it "should" work if I run an executable outside of the \VisualMagick\bin directory. However, when I attempt to build a testproject and place the executable outside of this \bin directory, I get the UnableToOpenBlob `xc:#FFFFFFFFFFFF' error.

I watched the same executable "piddle.exe" operate in both the \bin directory and my test directory. In both cases, the system is trying to open a file named `xc:#FFFFFFFFFFFF', but it does not return an error in the \bin directory. If I move the .dll's from the \VisualMagick\bin directory into my test directory, it works fine, but my goal is to break free from the dependence on this path. I'm begging for help on this one because I'm at a total loss. THanks in advance.

Chris Groer

Here is the filemon output:
in filemon
C:\ImageMagick\testproj>piddle.exe
Caught exception: piddle.exe: UnableToOpenBlob `xc:#FFFFFFFFFFFF': No such file
or directory

700 2:38:33 AM piddle.exe:2152 OPEN C:\ImageMagick\testproj\xc:#FFFFFFFFFFFF NOT FOUND Options: Open Access: Read