Building Magick++ with SunStudio12 Sol10 SPARC and stlport4

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
swright

Building Magick++ with SunStudio12 Sol10 SPARC and stlport4

Post by swright »

Hi,
I'm having issues building ImageMagick 6.3.4 on Sol10 SPARC using SunStudio12. I'm using stlport4 instead the the stdC++ lib as i need to support Boost in my application.

I'm using the following configure command -

Code: Select all

/configure CC=/nfs-bfs/SunStudio12/SUNWspro/bin/cc CXX=/nfs-bfs/SunStudio12/SUNWspro/bin/CC --disable-static --enable-shared --prefix /users/swright/OpenWeb/ImageMagick/lib CXXFLAGS=-library=stlport4 --without-perl LDFLAGS=-L/nfs-bfs/SunStudio12/SUNWspro/lib/stlport4

So the configure completes OK. When I 'gmake all', the libMagick.so C interface builds OK - but the build fails when it moves on to link the C++ interface with the following message -

Code: Select all

/bin/bash ./libtool --silent --tag=CXX   --mode=link /nfs-bfs/SunStudio12/SUNWspro/bin/CC  -library=stlport4 -D_REENTRANT -version-info 10:8:0 -L/nfs-bfs/SunStudio12/SUNWspro/lib/stlport4 -L/usr/openwin/lib -R/usr/openwin/lib -L/usr/sfw/lib -R/usr/sfw/lib -lfreetype -o Magick++/lib/libMagick++.la -rpath /users/swright/OW/ImageMagick/lib/lib Magick++/lib/Blob.lo Magick++/lib/BlobRef.lo Magick++/lib/CoderInfo.lo Magick++/lib/Color.lo Magick++/lib/Drawable.lo Magick++/lib/Exception.lo Magick++/lib/Functions.lo Magick++/lib/Geometry.lo Magick++/lib/Image.lo Magick++/lib/ImageRef.lo Magick++/lib/Montage.lo Magick++/lib/Options.lo Magick++/lib/Pixels.lo Magick++/lib/STL.lo Magick++/lib/Thread.lo Magick++/lib/TypeMetric.lo magick/libMagick.la wand/libWand.la
libtool: ignoring unknown tag CXX
ld: fatal: library -library=stlport4: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to Magick++/lib/.libs/libMagick++.so.10.0.8
gmake: *** [Magick++/lib/libMagick++.la] Error 1

Has anybody seen this issue and have a solution?

Thanks
Steve