Compiling Magick++ static on Mac OS 10.5 for Mac OS 10.4

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
Mag++_User
Authentication code: 8675308

Compiling Magick++ static on Mac OS 10.5 for Mac OS 10.4

Post by Mag++_User »

Hi,

I am trying to generate Magick++ static libraries:

libMagick++.a, libMagickCore.a and libMagickWand.a

And delegates static libraries :
Libpng.a, libjpeg.a, libtiff.a, libz.a, libbz2.a.

Working OS : MacOS 10.5 intel
Target OS : MacOS 10.4 intel

Test 1 :
Configure Options i used (i used the MacOSX10.4u.sdk SDK on 10.5):
./configure --with-quantum-depth=8 --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-installed --without-x --without-freetype --without-lcms --with-tiff --with-jpeg --with-zlib --with-bzlib \
CXXFLAGS="-g -O2 -Wall -W -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386 -D_THREAD_SAFE" \
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386"\
CFLAGS="-g -O2 -Wall -W -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386 -D_THREAD_SAFE"

I used similar options with delegates.

Results on 10.5:
Errors when compiling a code sample: unrecognized symbols.

Test 2 :
However, when i remove all delegates :
./configure --with-quantum-depth=8 --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-installed --without-x --without-freetype --without-lcms --without-modules --without-tiff --without-jpeg --without-zlib --without-bzlib \
CXXFLAGS="-g -O2 -Wall -W -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386 -D_THREAD_SAFE" \
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386"\
CFLAGS="-g -O2 -Wall -W -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386 -D_THREAD_SAFE"

Results:
It works fine on both 10.5 and 10.4.

Test 3 :
When I use the MacOSX10.5.sdk SDK and run the .configure file to compile ImageMagick and the delegates, it works fine on 10.5.

Test 4 :
I tried to compile the project on 10.4 but i had errors when compiling a sample (The same sample works fine on 10.5):

unrecognized symbols :
__AnimateImage
__DecipherImage
Etc.

Does anybody have any advice to help me compiling ImageMagick and the delegates for Mac OS 10.4?
Any method that works on Mac OS 10.4 OR 10.5 will be great!

Many thanks in advance for your help.
cloud
Authentication code: 8675309

Re: Compiling Magick++ static on Mac OS 10.5 for Mac OS 10.4

Post by cloud »

might it be that the delegates libraries you're compiling against are for 10.5 only? If that's the case just recompile the delegates libraries for 10.4. If that's already the case then I wouldn't know what could be the problem.

Regards,

~C
IM compilation script and test project: https://github.com/marforic/imagemagick_lib_iphone (always up-to-date)
IM latest iOS binaries: ftp://ftp.imagemagick.org/pub/ImageMagick/iOS/
Mag++_User
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: Compiling Magick++ static on Mac OS 10.5 for Mac OS 10.4

Post by Mag++_User »

cloud wrote:might it be that the delegates libraries you're compiling against are for 10.5 only? If that's the case just recompile the delegates libraries for 10.4. If that's already the case then I wouldn't know what could be the problem.

Regards,

~C
Thank you Cloud. I have already tested this and i still have the same problem...