Building lean library on Windows

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
kirash4
Authentication code: 8675308

Building lean library on Windows

Post by kirash4 »

On a unix platform I can run configure and turn on or off the different delegates that I want or don't want. How would I do that on the Windows platform? The configure.exe that comes with the source doesn't offer options for that.
dlemstra
Authentication code: 6789

Re: Building lean library on Windows

Post by dlemstra »

I am planning to make a new version of configure that supports this feature but for now you will have to solve this differently.

You can remove the delegates that you don't need from the project. If you for example don't need support for webp you could remove the project from the solution. And you will also have to remove the define '#define MAGICKCORE_WEBP_DELEGATE' from magick-baseconfig.h
.NET + ImageMagick = Magick.NET https://github.com/dlemstra/Magick.NET, @MagickNET, Donate
kirash4

Post by kirash4 »

I'll try that. I'm just thinking, for applications that I'm developing, using IM, there's no need to use a large library with everything in it when all I care for is JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF< and zlib support. It should make for a much leaner one to link with.
kirash4

Post by kirash4 »

Actually, I just realized something. The last time I tried building IM with MVSE 2012, I didn't get the library files I was expecting, those I can use to link against. I got the *.exe files for the various utilities. How do I tell it to create the (static) libraries that I need?