Build RPM to install in non standard path

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
SteffanCline
Authentication code: 1151

Build RPM to install in non standard path

Post by SteffanCline »

I have to work with an older version, specifically 6.6.5-10 on CentOS 6.7, and am trying to build an RPM to install in /usr/local. If I do the configure and make for /usr/local, it installs and works as expected. When I do a make rpm and look at the result via rpm -qlp xxx.rpm it shows everything going into /usr. This overrides the version installed by yum which I am trying to avoid. It appears to DESTDIR in the ImageMagick.spec.in file which comes from the RPM_BUILD_ROOT. Is there a way to fix this so I can generate an RPM that does in fact install where I need it, /usr/local?

I've been beating my head on this for several hours. Help is MUCH appreciated.
SteffanCline
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Build RPM to install in non standard path

Post by SteffanCline »

None of the IM devs hang out in this forum?
magick
Site Admin

Re: Build RPM to install in non standard path

Post by magick »

Your question is more of an RPM question rather than an ImageMagick question. See http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/s1-rpm-anywh ... -area.html as one possible solution.