Stitch images vertically

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
khairulikhwan
Authentication code: 1152

Stitch images vertically

Post by khairulikhwan »

Hi and good day,

I would like to use ImageMagick to perform stitching of images (around 15-20 images) vertically, using the coordinates. I am wondering if it's possible to do that? We already got the coordinate that we need to put for each images (and they need to overlay a little bit on top of each other)

I noticed in command line options page ; http://www.imagemagick.org/script/comma ... ptions.php, we can use append, however, if I specified all images in the folder (around 7MB for each file, with dimension of 5280x3956), it will prompt error:

convert: Maximum supported image dimension is 65500 pixels `out.jpg' @ error/jpeg.c/JPEGErrorHandler/332

after running following command:
convert -append *.jpg out.jpg

If we stitch those images manually in Photoshop, the final dimension would be 6000x61900.

Thank you in advance, sorry for the lengthy post.
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Stitch images vertically

Post by snibgo »

khairulikhwan wrote:(and they need to overlay a little bit on top of each other)
But the command you show simply appends them together with no overlap. This makes the final height larger than it would be with an overlap, which in your case breaks the 65500 jpeg limit.

You could trim your inputs so the append won't overlap. Or save to a different format. such as PNG or tiff.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com