convert.exe: RegistryKeyLookupFailed `CoderModulesPath' ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
maitrey
Authentication code: 1152

convert.exe: RegistryKeyLookupFailed `CoderModulesPath' ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16

Post by maitrey »

Hi All,
We are using imagemagick in windows OS and in java web application with im4java.
Currently we are using imagemagick 6.6.1-5. This is very straight forward. To run in other machine, We have to copy the folder of this to another machine this works.
Just need to set path to that folder in java class.
But when I have upgrade the version to 7.0.8-16 and run its setup file. It works in my local machine.
I have also find out that imagemagick sets configuration path in windows registry.

I have copy the folder of the setup to another machine
and it gives an exception "convert.exe: RegistryKeyLookupFailed `CoderModulesPath'".

I have also refer this questions related to this exception.

I have also try the various suggestions given in different forums.
I have set the environment variables. change in configure.xml files but it is not working.
I have to run setup in other machine than it works.

So is there any setup or a way which doesn't set the registry in windows and we can use the imagemagick by copy and paste the setup folder.
Thanks in Advance.
dlemstra
Authentication code: 6789

Re: convert.exe: RegistryKeyLookupFailed `CoderModulesPath' ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16

Post by dlemstra »

You probably want to download and use the Portable version instead if you don't want to install the library but just copy it.
.NET + ImageMagick = Magick.NET https://github.com/dlemstra/Magick.NET, @MagickNET, Donate
maitrey
Authentication code: 1152

Re: convert.exe: RegistryKeyLookupFailed `CoderModulesPath' ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16

Post by maitrey »

Thanks for quick response.
I was not fully aware of portable version. I have downloaded it and it works ...