impossible to read dicom files?

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
terror

impossible to read dicom files?

Post by terror »

Hi all
I have a problem reading some DICOM files. I have attached a rar containing 4 dcm images. Here's the link (just click the download button):

http://www.keepmyfile.com/download/db1d0b1331880

Using the latest versions of Imagemagick (6.2.x or 6.3.x) I can successfully open several files like "working1.dcm" and "working2.dcm". But when i try to open "notworking1.dcm" or "notworking2.dcm" I get only a black or almost black image.
The strange thing is that using Imagemagick 5.5.7 i can normally open those files.

Is this a bug? Please help me. Thx
terror

Post by terror »

I think I found the cause of the problem. It's something about the "width" and "center" of the dicom image, 2 dicom-specific parameters that describe the brightness and contrast of the image. Probably in the not-working pictures those values are not correctly read. Any idea on regulating those values?