Missing Tiff Package in Mac OS X / convert: Not a TIFF file

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
f992706

Missing Tiff Package in Mac OS X / convert: Not a TIFF file

Post by f992706 »

Hi!

Using the current version (6.3.2) for mac a gain the following error while converting tiff files:

Code: Select all

convert: [color=#BF4040]Not a TIFF file, bad version number 10752 (0x2a00)[/color]
As I can see here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8616&p=26556&hilit= this is a known but yet unsolved bug and I tried to compile my own version. This works, but unfortunately I get now this message:

Code: Select all

convert: no decode delegate for this image format
When I look into the ./configure log I can see that the tiff-support is missing.

So my 100$ question is: how / where do I get the appropriate tiff-package for mac os x 10.4.9?

Or otherwise: is there some other way to get the original bug (bad version number) fixed?

Thanks,
Martin
f992706

Re: Missing Tiff Package in Mac OS X / convert: Not a TIFF file

Post by f992706 »

Update: After I compiled and installed tiff-3.8.2 package the tiff support is working.

But at least the jpeg support misses now.

Pardon, where do I get this package now?

By the way: Aren't there any complete sources for IM? I can't believe, that this is really the way, the "compile your own" should be done...

Thanks,
Martin